Current Job Openings - Healing Roots Design, LLC
- Permaculture Designer / Field Staff Lead
- Client Relationship Lead
- Field Staff
Permaculture Designer / Field Staff Lead
Healing Roots Design, LLC is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Permaculture Designer / Field Staff Lead. This position works in coordination with the Director of Operations, the CEO, and field staff. Upholding our company’s core values and purpose, this role is essential for supervising Healing Roots Design projects from start to finish.
Healing Roots Design, LLC, (HRD) and Regenerative Life Design (RLD), LLC are the sister businesses of entrepreneur, author, and Permaculture teacher Keri Evjy. HRD brings holistic land design to life, integrating humans with their environment by creating regenerative organic landscapes full of food, diversity, functionality, and beauty. RLD teaches earth dwellers how to tap into nature to design a more fulfilling life, through the newly published Regenerative Life Design Playbook and related coursework. We are a small and mighty team of multi-talented, dedicated and passionate humans, who restore the relationship between humans and the earth, supporting ecology by uplifting holistic land and life design solutions. We are known for our relationship building, customer service, and attention to detail. We value curiosity, generosity, humor, earth embodiment, education, impact, and adaptability.
Learn more about Healing Roots Design
Primary duties include:
- Design and implementation of residential and commercial permaculture-based land projects including, but not limited to: landscape design with native, edible and medicinal plants, garden and orchard design, micro-farm planning, forest management, land stewardship, lawn to foodscape transitions, riparian and native habitat restoration, mushroom cultivation, irrigation and water catchment systems, compost, and evergreen screens.
- Initial consultation with clients to prepare designs and plans.
- Hardscape installation and maintenance, including natural stone, permeable pavers, and retaining walls.
- Landscape maintenance including planting and transplanting.
- Management and supervision of the field staff crew, ensuring that staff have all tools and materials needed to complete the project, and that work is done to the highest standard, according to the plan, on time and to budget.
- Recommending modifications based on field conditions, client requests, and/or supply issues.
- Maintaining project budgets and records.
- Consistent and timely communication with clients, team members and managers throughout each project.
- Utilizing a hands-on training spirit and demonstrating a strong work ethic by example.
- Promoting safety, performance, and well-being of all staff and contracted team members.
- Other duties may include marketing and educational outreach.
Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated Permaculture design portfolio of work experience, a desire to support ecology, create inspired and integrated living spaces, value teamwork, possess a strong work ethic, and have a positive demeanor.
Necessary skills / qualifications:
- Must have over 5 diligent years in the field of Permaculture and construction.
- Must have plant identification and care knowledge.
- Must be able to create, read, understand, and communicate about landscape design plans.
- Must be able to properly and efficiently complete job site and company paperwork.
- Must possess strong crew leadership skills.
- Must be self-starting and work cooperatively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, for effective and timely communications with field staff, management and clients.
- Must have a commitment to the highest standards in customer service, quality, and professionalism.
- Must be able to lift more than 60 pounds.
- Must possess a valid NC driver’s license and good driving record.
Desirable skills / qualifications:
- 2 years of experience managing and conducting residential and commercial hardscape projects.
- 2 years of experience operating equipment including skid steers, compact excavators, chain saws, etc.
2-4 days a week, 9-5 pm. Flexible schedule. Part time. 40 hours/month to start. There are many opportunities for professional growth within our company as we continue to expand our operations. 90 day trial.
$28 - 30 to start, DOE
We are actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants. Through both of our businesses, Healing Roots Design and Regenerative Life Design, we strive to advocate for social justice, women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, anti-racism, equity, and the well-being of the earth. Healing Roots Design and Regenerative Life Design, LLC are equal-opportunity employers.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team and working outdoors with an amazing group of stewards, email us a cover letter and resume and 3 references.
Client Relationship Lead
Healing Roots Design, LLC, (HRD) HRD brings holistic land design to life, integrating humans with their environment by creating regenerative organic landscapes full of food, diversity, functionality, and beauty. We are a small and mighty team of multi-talented, dedicated and passionate humans, who restore the relationship between humans and the earth, supporting ecology by uplifting holistic land and life design solutions. We are known for our relationship building, customer service, and attention to detail. We value curiosity, generosity, humor, earth embodiment, education, impact, and adaptability. Learn more about Healing Roots Design
As a Client Relationship Lead you will focus on getting to know the owners and operators of commercial and residential projects. Through your understanding of them and the permaculture needs of each property, you will develop and offer them ecological solutions to enable the best, most efficient and reliable outcomes. Our services include design, installation and maintenance, and education.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a new database for commercial leads
- Identify, inspire and inform new leads and transition them to clients .
- Drive new opportunities, working with Company leaders to develop the scope of work and the cost.
- Attend networking events that relate to our target market
- Consolidate and refer information by collecting, organizing, and assembling data for reports, presentations, and special projects.
- Maintain a competitive advantage by learning about competitors’ activities and reporting to management.
- Develop owner asset and sales plans and contribute to building owner and/or manager budgeting and planning processes.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating service concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and staff as needed.
- Communicate customer perceptions by gathering customer feedback and sharing information with management.
- Work closely as a team member with related parts of the business, such as with our marketing team.
Experience, training, and certifications:
- 5 or more years of successful experience in sales with provable track record
- Background in agriculture, permaculture and/or design and construction is a plus.
- High close rate.
- A positive, cooperative, and teachable attitude.
- Initiative; self-motivated; self-starter.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to pass a background and drug screening.
- Able to pass MVR check.
- Able to travel within your assigned region.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: 100% Commission
Supplemental Pay types: Bonus pay
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekend availability
Location: Asheville, NC.
- Work includes in person and remote team meetings.
- Required: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.
License/Certification: Driver's License (Required)
How to Apply:
This position is posted June 30th, and open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 business references to Keri@healingrootsdesign.com
Healing Roots Design is growing and we need to expand our team! We’re looking to bring on 1-2 new field staff members this season!
Do you dream of working outside? Are you looking for more from your work than just a paycheck? Are you ready to join a tight, fun crew that desires to steward the earth with holistic land-based work, and restore human connection to the earth?
How to Apply
Email us a cover letter, resume and 3 references.